- Connect Qube Gateway to any power adapter using the given USB Port from the device. Wait 3-4 minutes for Gateway to boot-up.
- There will be a small hole in the bottom of the gateway press the button once, it will create a Wi-Fi hotspot called “WebThings Gateway XXXX”
- Use a personal computer or smartphone to scan for and connect to that wireless network. As shown below:
- A captive portal page will appear, showing nearby Wi-Fi networks. If not you can try typing http://192.168.2.1 into your web browser’s address bar to manually navigate to the page.
- Select the desired network and enter the password when prompted.
- The gateway will connect to the network and start up.
- After you’ve connected the gateway to your wireless network, you should ensure that your laptop/tablet/smartphone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network and then navigate to http://gateway.local in your web browser.
- If you want to access it from outside your Wi-Fi network, you can use the domain assigned to your account.
- Success! After logging in, you should then be redirected to an empty “Things” screen of the gateway where you can start to add devices.