- This is you current connection from your distribution meter
- After connecting the Surge Qube to the distribution meter, your connection will change to the following:
- If the Power LED is constantly lit, this means that your meter is turned on
- Download and install our Qube WiFi app here.
- Open the app, and allow all the requested permissions (if any).
- Connect your mobile phone to the same network on which you want your devices to be on. (Note that our devices currently only support 2.4 GHz WiFi network.)
- Make sure your mobile’s GPS/location service is switched on.
- Open WiFi Settings
- You should see your current WiFi network name. Enter your password there.
- Set the mode to Broadcast
- Check whether the device is in fast blinking mode.
- Once you are sure that the device is in fast blinking mode, hit Confirm button on the app to share WiFi credentials.
- Make sure you are standing right next to the device you are wishing to connect to.
- Once the device is connected to the network. The LED will stop blinking. Your setup is complete. You can close the app now.
Assuming you have already connected your devices to the network. And have also set up your Gateway properly. (If not, goto setup your gateway)
- Open your dashboard by going to http://gateway.local
- Click on the + button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Wait for the gateway to locate a new device.
- Once your device is located, click on the Save button to add it to the dashboard.
- Click Done to go back to the dashboard.
- Power LED : Represents whether the device is getting power.
- Red Phase LED : R phase incoming
- Yellow Phase LED : Y phase incoming
- Blue Phase LED : B phase incoming
- Reverse LED : Reverse current is flowing through the meter
- Cal LED : It is the Calibration LED, with 1600 imp/kWh.
Status LED :
- Slow Blinking - Trying to connect to the WiFi
- Fast Blinking - Ready to accept new WiFi credentials
- Constantly Lit - Device is connected to WiFi